The Annual Meeting of Members of the Society for Corporate Governance, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of New York (the "Society"), will be held at the Renaissance Downtown in Washington, DC on Friday, June 22, 2018, at 8:15 a.m., Eastern time, or at any adjournment thereof (the "2018 Annual Meeting"), for the following purposes:
- To elect to the Board of the Society five (5) directors with terms expiring in 2022; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof
Each Member (other than Retired and Honorary Members) of the Society in good standing at the time of voting is entitled to cast one vote, either in person or by proxy, on each matter presented for consideration at the meeting.
Under the Society's By-Laws, the Board of Directors is divided into four classes, each with a term of four years. The terms of the classes of Directors currently serving on the Board are as follows:
- The term of office of the five existing Directors in the Class of 2018 shall expire at the 2018 Annual Meeting of members;
- The term of office of the six Directors in the Class of 2019 shall expire at the 2019 Annual Meeting of members; and
- The term of office of the five Directors in the Class of 2020 shall expire at the 2020 Annual Meeting of members;
- The term of office of the five Directors in the Class of 2021 shall expire at the 2021 Annual Meeting of members.
The Directors elected at the 2018 Annual Meeting shall be members of the Class of 2022 and shall be elected for a term of office to expire at the fourth succeeding annual meeting of members following their election (i.e., the 2022 Annual Meeting of members).
TO BE A VALID PROXY, YOU MUST ENTER YOUR NAME AND THE DATE WHERE INDICATED.
If you attend the meeting and prefer to vote in person, your proxy will not be voted.
By Order of the Board of Directors,
Sophie Hager Hume