Join us on Thursday, November 15, 2018 for the New York Chapter's first meeting of the season.
Time: 6:00 pm Registration
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm Program
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm Reception
Location: Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
767 Fifth Avenue (enter through 59th Street off 5th Avenue)
New York, NY 10153
Meeting Fee: $40.00 for single meeting registration
$150.00 for meeting series
Members can save time and money by pre-paying for the 4 substantive meetings scheduled for the 2018-2019 chapter series! A discounted rate of $150.00 is being offered until 5pm Friday, November 9th, 2018.
"Board Accountability: Beyond ‘Check the Box’ Corporate Governance"
The topics covered may include:
- Looking Inward and Forward: Composition, Self-Evaluation Process, Planning for Succession, Committee Structure and Disclosure Trends
- Diversity: Investor Pressures, California Legislation and Disclosure Trends
- The Board’s Role in Corporate Culture: #Me too, Tone at the Top, Relationship with Management, Communication with Shareholders
- The Purpose of Board and the Corporation: Sustainability and Human Capital
- Board Communications: Confidentiality, Board Portal, Communications
- Laurie Shahon, President and Founder of Wilton Capital Group, has served on number (see bio below); Director at RPT, Boston Mutual Life, Life Insurance Company of Boston & New York, and Augmeted Reality Concepts; Laurie has served on more than twenty public and private boards, including Arbor Drugs, Eddie Bauer, KCG, Matrix Health, Safelite and Watch World International; Adjunct Profession at Columbia Business School
- Yen Chu, Senior Vice President & General Counsel at Equinox, Member of Board of Directors of Columbia Law School Association, former Senior Vice President, SEC/Corporate, Global Compliance, Licensing & Transactions at Ralph Lauren
- Lori Marino, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Corporate Secretary at ITT Corporation, former Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, Corporate Law & Business Development at Medco Health Solutions, Inc., former Managing Corporate Counsel at Avaya
REGISTER NOW! Online registration is required. Please click here to register.
|Future Chapter Meetings
November 15th, 2018
Beyond ‘Check the Box’ Corporate Governance
|Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
December 12th, 2018
||Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
January 24th, 2019
February 12th, 2019